HOMESTAY VOLUNTEER TEACHERS ORGANIZATION

My photo
#132, Group 14, Phum Sophy, Khum Kontreang, Srok Brasatbakong Siem Reap Angkor Cambodia, Siem Reap, Cambodia

Saturday, November 28, 2009

HVTO Founder's story


HVTO's founder's story and acknowledgement:

I was born in Sophy village in 1981 and was later made a Buddhist monk and lived in a Buddhist monastery for 8 years. Thanks to the sponsorship I received, I had the opportunity to graduate from the Buddhist Bali Upper High School and learned German, English and Spanish.

Due to all the knowledge I acquired, I could work as a tour guide and English teacher. Then I realized that local Cambodian young people are profiting from the knowledge of foreign languages by getting jobs in the tourist industry or by continuing their studies.

In the past, due to the repression carried out by the Khmer Rouge, a lot of population in Cambodia was forced to leave the cities and move to the countryside. As a result, the new generations found it very difficult to study as resources were very limited. Nowadays, the government is making great efforts to change this situation, but extra help in really needed to speed up this process.
With my experience, I thought that it should be possible to create programs promoting the education of young people and children in my village and other rural areas so that they could have a chance like me to benefit from, and keep up with current development. This is why I created HVTO in 28th August 2008.


Normally we have technical problem to receive your messages through our website email address. So should you contact me directly if you need urgent respond: I am looking forwards to welcome you warmly!


Sim Piseth





No comments: